Bruges, Belgium to Peronne, France
Bike & Barge
With 2 DAYS in PARIS, FRANCE MAY 10–21, 2018
SOLD OUT – WAIT LIST
The Trip Leaders
Fly from Tampa to Brussels, spending the first night in Brussels. After breakfast we transfer to Bruges’ port. Eight days, seven nights on MS Zwaantje River Barge includes breakfast daily, six picnic lunches for the bike tour, six 3-course dinners on the barge. Transfer from Peronne Port to Paris hotel for 2-night stay. Medical Insurance coverage included but DOES NOT INCLUDE trip cancellation or trip interruption delay coverage. Return home from Paris to Tampa.
The first-night stay in Brussels (Pullman Hotel) 4-star hotel includes breakfast. Barge 7-night stay includes breakfast daily and 6 3-course dinners. Daily cleaning services of cabins on the barge included. 2-night stay in Paris 4-star hotel (Mercure Tour Eiffel) includes breakfast.
THE BIKING ITINERARY
DAILY SCHEDULE ON THE BARGE MS ZWAANTJE
Tour Details from Bruges to Peronne – MS Zwaantje
May 12 (Sat):
Board MS Zwaantje in Bruges in the afternoon. Bruges was a metropolis center of trade and art which we can still enjoy.
May 13 (Sun): Bruges – Ghent
Bike tour starts in Beernem for 24 miles. Enjoy the countryside into Ghent which is a university city with a rich past. See the River Leie and Scheldt converge. Visit St. Baafs’ Cathedral and admire medieval paintings
May 14 (Mon): Ghent – Oudenaarde
Bike along River Bovenschelde for 15 to 27 miles. Explore Oudenaarde situated on the French-German Empire the seat of many wars. Oudenaarde is also known for tapestry weavers.
May 15 (Tues): Oudenaarde – Doornik
Tour Oudenaarde town hall then follow the river Scheldt for 21 to 25 miles. Once in Walloon villages, the people speak French. Doornik is one of the oldest towns in Belgium.
May 16 (Wed): Tournai – Arleux
Bike ride starts in Antoing for 27 to 36 miles. Barge switches from River Scheldt to a canal to Dunkirk. Explore border villages to Santiago de Compostela. The Dunkirk region is a former mining town with beautiful heritage from 1900.
May 17 (Thurs): Arleux – Ruyaulcourt
Bike ride through Cambrai, once a Roman provincial capital destination for pilgrims. Finish the ride through marshlands of Chantraine to Ruyaulcourt for 30 miles.
May 18 (Fri): Ruyaulcourt – Peronne
Bike through the valley of River Somme through sparsely populated rolling landscape to Bapaume finishing in Peronne for 27 miles.
May 19 (Sat): Peronne
After breakfast disembark barge at 10:00 am. Private Coach to Paris hotel for 2-night stay.
THE SIGHTSEEING LAND ITINERARY
May 19-20 (Sat, Sun):
Two night stay (Hotel Mercure Eiffel) in Paris. This is your free time to explore this beautiful city on your own. So many things to see and do in Paris, that you’ll want to come back to spend more time in this splendid city of the world for your next international trip.
May 21 (Mon):
Depart Paris hotel via private coach to Charles De Gaulle International Airport for Delta flight home.
TOUR PRICE INCLUDES:
- Air transportation between Tampa and Brussels via Delta Airlines (May 10)
- Transfer between Brussels airport and hotel via private coach
- 1-night accommodation at a 4-star hotel in Brussels (May 11)
- Breakfast in Brussels
- Transfer between Brussels hotel and Bruges port via private coach
- 7 nights on the MS Zwaantje River Barge, ending in Peronne, France (May 12 -19)
- Tour and accommodation on board - 8 days/7 nights (Sat-Sat)
- Breakfast Daily on barge
- 6 - picnic lunches during bike tours
- 6 - three-course dinners
- 21-speed bike
- Use of bed linen and towels (change of towels daily possible, change of bed linen 1x), daily cleaning service of the cabin
- Welcome drink, presentation of barge and crew and briefing on the first evening
- Tour leader (multilingual) for fully guided cycling tours, daily briefings of the bike tours
- Printed instructions and detailed maps for individual daily bike tours, 1 set/cabin
- Transfer between Peronne Port and Paris hotel via private coach (May 19)
- 2-night accommodation in Paris at a 4-star hotel (May 19-20)
- Breakfast daily in Paris hotel
- Transfer between Paris hotel and airport via private coach
- Return air transportation between Paris and Tampa via Delta Airlines (May 21)
- All local taxes and port charges
- Most tips (does not include tipping in hotel rooms or for porterage)
- All US, European departure taxes and fees, currently $135.00 per person (subject to change)
- All current fuel surcharges of $576.00 per person (subject to change until ticketing)
- Medical Insurance coverage that includes all of the following: (This does not cover Cancellations)
- Trip Delay up to $750.00 ($150.00 per day)
- Baggage and personal effects up to $1,500.00
- Baggage delay up to $400.00
- Accident & Sickness Medical Expense of $50,000.00
- Emergency Evacuation & Repatriation of $250,000.00
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment of $25,000.00
- Worldwide Emergency Assistance Services
(Please note that this insurance does not cover refunds for cancellation or reimbursement for lost travel days due to trip interruption.)
Sign Up Details
$3,779 per person double occupancy on barge and in hotel rooms
LAND ONLY REDUCTION:
$1,000 per person, non–refundable if space goes unfilled after cancelation date with a completed TBSSB Special B&B trip application and a copy of photo page of passport valid at least six (6) months past travel date.
November 9, 2017
March 1, 2018
Make checks payable to "TAMPA BAY SNOW SKIERS and BOARDERS" and mail to: Phil Reed, 3315 W. De Leon St., Unit 13, Tampa, FL 33609-5503
Deposit and balance of trip costs may be paid with a major credit card. You will be billed later for the final payment. To pay by Credit Card contact your trip leader for instructions. The Credit Card Authorization Form is available as a PDF download. A charge of 3.5% will be made for credit card convenience for Visa and MC. AMEX 4%.
TRIP PRICES ARE SUBJECT TO ANY NEW TAXES OR FEES IMPOSED BY EITHER THE GOVERNMENT, AIRPORT, AIRLINES OR AGENCIES INVOLVED.